| Dance among the clouds London, ON June 2026 This photo originally shared on Instagram |
The skies, unfortunately, refused to cooperate, with clouds that simply wouldn’t reflect the light. Sometimes you win, and sometimes you stand there in an act of pure futility. The camera stayed in its bag on my back as Calli munched on the overgrown grass and strangers smiled at her as they strolled past. An elderly man who could have been Wilford Brimley’s doppelganger sat on a nearby bench, lighting one cigarette after another while the ice in his highball glass slowly melted in the stifling humidity.
Just before Calli and I gave up for the night, I saw a shape in one of the clouds and decided it might be worth a test shot, a quick smartphone capture. Maybe it looked like a dog jumping through the sky. Or maybe it was just my overactive and, frankly, far-from-standard imagination. Whatever it was, I couldn’t leave without some evidence that we had been there. That we waited. Together.
I thought about this photo as we continued our walk. We do this often, the two of us, wandering to a wide-open park looking for something spectacular way above. Our hit rate is fairly low, yet still we go out, hoping against hope. Still we look. Still we try.
I’m not even sure that the photo is the goal. Rather, time is. Quiet. Reflective. Disconnected. Where the only thing that matters to her is sniffing the neighbourhood out and keeping up on the comings and goings of all the dogs she loves to bark at.
The photo just helps us remember what that felt like. And encourages us to keep heading out even if what we see when we get there is uncertain or incomplete.
Life is never certain, anyway. For us or for our dogs.
#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #jayceepark #sunset #cloudspotting #actofdog #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone
No comments:
Post a Comment