| Return to the Thunderdome Toronto, ON May 2026 This photo originally shared on Instagram |
We’re seeing a lot of comparisons of the two, particularly as bandwagon-followers jump from the Jays to the World Cup. Everyone loves a winner, apparently, so it’s not hard to understand.
But here’s the thing - and this may explain why I’m a terrible sports fan: It’s a game. And when they lose, as the Jays did on that Sunday in May when we hung out at the ballyard, I still refuse to see the experience as anything less because of it.
Sure, I would have been happier if they had beaten the bad guys, but I still got to spend an afternoon watching ball, surrounded by my favourite people. We ate ballpark food, took silly pictures, tried repeatedly to start a wave, and took our first-ever trip on the LRT. I appreciate that the day wasn’t Raptors-win-the-NBA-title-level sports fandom, but that wasn’t the mission in the first place.
So we watch the show, however it plays out, whoever’s on the field. And we enjoy the experience with people who matter, taking the time to appreciate not just the score, but what it feels like to be in the stands, and how that day ends up burying itself in our core memories.
Not every day brings a championship. Yet there’s magic in every day regardless, assuming we choose to look for it.
Po said so, so it must be true.
#toronto #yyz #ontario #canada #bluejays #rogerscentre #stadium #skydome #baseball #sports #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone
No comments:
Post a Comment