|The world at our feet|
This photo originally shared on Instagram
- Some leaves are brightly colored. Others less so. They’re all beautiful. Whatever their color, they all play a role in the lifecycle of the forest.
- Not so long ago, they hung on the branches overhead. Now they await their fate underfoot. Time moves in one direction, and no one is immune.
- There isn’t a lot of light down there in the dirt, so you have to linger a little to take it all in. It’s always worth taking the time to see the entire picture.
- This may look and feel like an ending, but everything here eventually decays and fuels whatever else will grow here in future. Beginnings and endings are fuzzy that way.
- We were raised to not get dirty. Our parents were wrong. Never miss a chance to get down in the dirt and feel it between your fingers.
- If you close your eyes just so and wait patiently for a few minutes, you’ll hear the heartbeat of this place. Forests are noisier than we think. Gloriously so. Drink it in.
#ldnont #london #komoka #provincialpark #ontario #canada #walkabout #forest #tree #trees #leaf #leaves #texture #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded
Streetheart, August 2022
One tough leaf, February 2022
When maples leaves fade, January 2022
Holding on for dear life, November 2021
When leaves end, October 2021
Starting to see red, September 2021
Waiting for the leaves to fall, September 2021
Leaves at our feet, September 2021
Red leaf down, October 2020
Don't stand so close to me, October 2020
The things we find deep in the woods, September 2020
When life ends, September 2020
Temporary red blanket, October 2019
Where a dog sniffs out a leaf, July 2019
Dying leaves on a cold, wet street, October 2018
Forgotten on the forest floor, October 2017
Grounded, October 2017
One wet red leaf, among many, October 2017