Saturday, July 23, 2022

Playing in the water, metaphorically

Transient
Ingall Falls, near Dryden, ON
July 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


As kids, we played endlessly in and beside the water. Getting soaked was part of the deal, and it was the very definition of gleeful fun.

As adults, we stopped playing.

As I stood on the spray-slicked rocks and carefully shot the midstream rapids, I asked myself why.

I had no answer, but I promised myself I’d return to places like this, as often as necessary, to figure it out.

#dryden #ingallfalls #ontario #canada #forest #river #water #rocks #texture #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #monochrome #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Water in many forms, December 2020


No comments: