Saturday, July 16, 2022

My badass 5G adventure

Avoiding arrest. This time.
Dryden, ON
July 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Every once in a while, the little voices in my head that come up with photo ideas manage to overcome common sense.

Exhibit A: this lovely transmission tower. On a perfectly clear morning, it called to me from the sky, a veritable beacon of technology that usually fades into the background of modern life.

But you know me: nothing fades. And nothing is too trivial.

The problem was one of location: it sat in back of the local Bell building. I didn’t technically see any no-trespassing signs, but I was rather sure the folks who work there wouldn’t take kindly to strangers walking around the property.

But I was having one of those visions of mine, and I really wanted the shot. So I wandered out back and worked as quickly as I could.

In the wake of The Great Rogers Meltdown of 2022, it makes sense - to me, anyway - to shed a little light on the hardware that (usually) connects us across this vast country and beyond.

Even if I have to break a rule or two along the way.

#dryden #ontario #canada #tower #rogers #bell #telecom #perspective #design #lines #engineering #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Rebuilding the sky, March 2019
Touch the sky, October 2011

No comments: