Thursday, September 23, 2021

Waiting for the leaves to fall

Nature's carpet
London, ON
October 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Yesterday was a special day up here in the Northern Hemisphere, as summer quietly gave way to autumn.

You're forgiven if you missed out on it, as changes of season don't tend to announce themselves in any obvious manner. They just...happen.

But if you spend any time outside, you can feel it in the air. The temperatures are easing back from their summertime highs. The humidity is over. The jackets come out. The shorts get tucked away.

The Canadian in me knows what comes next: snow. But living in dreaded fear of weather isn’t my jam. Enjoying what we’ve been given today, on the other hand, is.

And the landscape is about to redraw itself, which means lots of quality time wandering the woods with a camera in my hand so I can snag more scenes like the one you see here, taken last autumn. I hope you end up doing the same.

[But wait…there’s more…]

I keep re-reading the intro to this entry, and before I sign this one off, I'd like to correct myself. Because while yesterday was a special day because of the change of season, pretty much every day is special if we choose to perceive it as such.

So let's enjoy it. Because soon enough, it’ll be gone.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #throwback #medway #valley #heritage #forest #leaf #leaves #nature #naturephotography #texture #gameoftones #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #dslr #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #everythingchristian #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: