Saturday, September 11, 2021

Swimming in the abstract

Optical physics lesson
Thornhill, ON
August 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


It’s been too long since I played with the camera in search of weirdly abstract pics.

So consider this my overdue offering, because some of my favourite moments with a camera have involved being hit with strange creative visions, then trying to make then come to life. So it’s time to play with light and see what develops.

I took this at our friends’ backyard pool. The waves weren’t quite what I was aiming for, so I helped things along by sitting on the side and kicking my legs for a bit.

I’m not above making waves to get the shot. I’m not above messing around for a while until something reasonable shows up in the viewfinder.

Something tells me this isn’t strictly an exercise in photography.

#toronto #thornhill #ontario #canada #water #swim #pool #reflective #abstract #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: