Saturday, September 18, 2021

The corn grows tall here

Ready for harvest
Lobo Township, ON
September 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Today’s mission was a simple one: ride the bike out into farm country until I encountered corn.

There’s a lot of it growing in the agricultural hinterlands around #ldnont, and as you can see in the picture, some of it has gotten impressively tall.

As I continued the ride home, the roads were covered with windswept remnants of harvested corn, and I waved at a massive truck loaded with it - probably on its way to market.

As the driver waved back, the wind shifted and I got a whiff of the freshly cut corn, a reminder of how rich these lands are, and how much we owe those who bring them to life year after year.

Needless to say, I was fairly hungry by the time I got home. Anything corn-related will do.

#london #ontario #canada #farm #corn #cycling #cyclist #cycle #bicycle #bike #cyclinglife #bikelife #instabike #orange #devinci #hatchet #gravelbike #nairn #ilderton #road #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: