Monday, July 11, 2011

Thematic Photographic 153 - Parallel


Where the fingers hit the road
London, ON, May 2011

I'm somewhat manic about input/output devices, things like keyboards, mice, displays and the various technologies and supporting structures like desks and chairs that keep me comfy while I write. I've been known to buy and return keyboard after keyboard until I get just the right one, with just the right layout and feel. If something feels even slightly off, it can be distracting. Store clerks have learned to hate me.

Until now, that is. Because I've found my all-time favorite keyboard. It's Apple's standard wired keyboard, the one with perfectly placed, perfectly built keys that let my fingers fly, the one that used to come with every Mac until they switched to the small-sized wireless one. I tried that one, but hated it because it didn't have separate keypads for arrows and numbers. It slowed me down. I whined. My wife rolled her eyes. Then I headed to the store.

When I got it home, I noticed it had some lovingly parallel lines built into it. So I reached for my camera...

Your turn: Please share a picture of something parallel-themed on your blog - or find something you may have already posted online long ago - and leave a comment here letting folks know where to find it. Drop by other participants to share the joy. This is not a competition: Rather, it's designed to stretch our photographic horizons in an enjoyable way. So have fun with it. We'll be doing this all week before launching our next theme next Monday. If you'd like additional background on how Thematic Photographic works, click here.

19 comments:

fredamans said...

Interesting shot. One of the best I've seen for a keyboard!

http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2011/07/thematic-photographic-parallel.html

21 Wits said...

That is one fine keyboard...the King of Keyboards! ..and since your theme is so (kind of) fairly close to last week's theme...I need to really think of something not so closely related...just for added fun..right?!

Kavi said...

I had one of my mobile ! But unable to find it now.

Wonderful snap, this one ! The photographic horizons stretch beyond what technology shows we can stretch to ! :)

Kavi said...

I looked it up in the tumblr blog of mine... looks like I have two posts for you.. !

http://nyes.tumblr.com/post/2726099155/communication-has-lit-up-our-worlds-hasnt-it

http://nyes.tumblr.com/post/3759575112/man-is-born-free-but-found-in-chains-all-over

Anonymous said...

My very favorite keyboard button to photograph is the ‘Home’ key… especially when I’m on the road. This is a great shot, Carmi. Makes me want to reach out and tap the keys.

I went Parallel here, with the city lights of Seattle as a backdrop.

Reena said...

So agree with you on the keyboard ... love my Mac keyboard ... just perfect for me!

Here's my theme ... boardwalks ... full of linear lines!

http://www.missingthemomgene.com/2011/06/is-it-shore-or-beach.html

Anonymous said...

All your keyboards are belong to us.

I can haz keyboard ?

Because keyboard.

Keyboard, why you no type ?


Sincerely:
Internet meme

Mustang Sally said...

That's a really great shot Carmi! I'm going to try to get a post together for you this week. I couldn't get to last week's them, although I did have some shots for it.

Too much going on and my bestie needed me. I'm back now though, muddlin' though.

Gilly said...

Found a lovely snowy photo for my take on parallel.

Love the keyboard, Carmi! Its a great shot!

Bob Scotney said...

I had a lot that would have met this theme - no keyboards though.

Mine are at http://bit.ly/qPHNy9

21 Wits said...

Are you sharing that keyboard with your loved ones Carmi? Funny how when something so new and exciting hits our family, it makes the rounds....do you know who created "Angry Birds, and why it had to be available for cell phones..kidding..." Here is my post for this week of parallels!

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2011/07/thematic-photographic-153-parallel-oh.html

Mustang Sally said...

Okay I'm up. You can find mine here IF blogger will deign to link it >grumble, grumble<

Mona Sweden said...

Interesting angle. Here's mine parallel shot.

Max Sartin said...

I've been out of town for the week, so I couldn't post these sooner. Here's my parallel photos.

rashbre said...

I had to do a double take when I saw it. I started thinking it was an Apple keyboard but it's quite different from the ones here.

Notwithstanding the battering and biscuit crumbs on the ones here, yours has more descriptive wording, whilst the ones here have little graphics for Shift, shift lock, tab, etc.

see here

Limarea said...

Great key board shot! Here's my take on the theme :) http://zestoflemons.blogspot.com/2011/07/parallel.html

~j said...

one of my favorite Disney shots... http://thatdisneyblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-week-is-brought-to-you-by-letter-c.html

Alexia said...

I haven't been around much this week :(

But I've put some parallel pics into my Sunday photo post

H said...

Your obsession with your keyboard makes me laugh and think of a scene in "You've Got Mail" where Meg Ryan is rolling her eyes as Greg Kinnear brings home yet another beloved typewriter that he just had to have.

Here are some parallel lights:

http://azreadinglady.blogspot.com/2010/08/perspective.html