Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Return to the cathedral

Reach for the skies
London, ON
March 2012




















About this photo: Thematic celebrates Bushes and Trees week, and you're all invited. Really! Just click here to get involved.
I've been in this spot before - see link from last October, A cathedral where nobody prays - and just as I had done last time, I stood on the soft ground and felt tremendously small as I stared skyward. I couldn't hear a thing as the air was perfectly still, yet there was an energy to this place that kept me absolutely riveted.

I know that life can get so busy sometimes that we don't have the time to spend in places like this. But every time I manage to tear away and find myself enveloped by the Zen-like spirit of this place where trees meet sky, I realize how important it is for us to make the time, anyway.

Your turn: How do you make time for quiet?

2 comments:

mmp said...

owch!

i'm not right now, but thank you for the reminder

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I go to West Virginia, Carmi.

Haven't been there in a bit, but I'll be back there soon.
~