Friday, May 11, 2012

On coming home

"A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."
George Moore

...Which is my rather inelegant way of saying I'm so glad to be home. I missed this place. More importantly, I missed these remarkable people who form the centre of my world. As I wait at the airport for my wife to pull up and for our brood to come spilling out of the car, I'm reminded of just how charmed life can be.

Your turn: what does "coming home" look or feel like to you?

2 comments:

rashbre said...

I sometimes get a kind of 'spin down' feeling as my head touches the glass on the inside of the window on a 'return home after working away' plane.

It'll be good to read what you made of your destination too.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Welcome Home, Dad!
~