Monday, May 07, 2012

Saying hi to Santa

At first glance, it's a lousy smartphone pic shot out of a scratched-to-smithereens and annoyingly reflective plastic window at the very back of a 777-300ER.

On second glance, it was what my little world - and the world of around 300 other passengers - looked like a few hours ago as we flew the polar route from Toronto to Hong Kong. I didn't see Santa, but I did crack a smile as I thought about where we were and where we were headed.

Your turn: Who's down there? What are they up to?

3 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Carmi, I LIKE the effect you have here!. :-) As far as who is down there?, I would say people who are happy, sad, angry... turmoiled situations, unresolved issues... What is up? Peace, quiet, fresh air!.

Just Two Chicks said...

Who's down there? Hmmm... I'd like to think there is nothing beneath those clouds but the blue/green ocean. Perhaps a ship or two, and the people on it are wondering who's up there and what where are they going... :)

cactus petunia said...

Beautiful! I'm sure Santa was on vacation somewhere in southern climes...