Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Coming home



















As much as I love getting on a plane, flying far away and soaking in the experience of being in a radically different place, coming home is always my favorite part. There's a comforting feeling when the return flight pulls into its gate and you know who's waiting for you on the other side of the terminal,  a feeling that all is right with the world, that you always have a place to return to. And, more importantly, you always have people, family, to return to.

I realize not everyone is so blessed, that some travellers return home alone. So I hug my family that much more tightly when I first see them.

Please see here for more far from home-themed imagery. New Thematic theme will go live soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said, Carmi! Family can lend meaning and supportiveness like no other.