Monday, May 21, 2012

Thematic Photographic 197 - Far from home

The open road
Somewhere on the I-75 in Kentucky
December 2009



















I've been spending more time than usual of late away from home. For the most part, it's been for reasons that make me look forward to the journey, and in every case I've grabbed a camera and tried to capture not just what it looked like, but also what it felt like to be away.

Which is what I hope we'll all do for the coming week, as part of our new "far from home" Thematic theme. Basically, if you took it while you were away, it's fair game. Are you in?

Your turn: Share a far from home-themed pic on your blog or website, then drop a comment here letting folks know where to find it. Visit other participants through the week and feel free to return if you'd like to share more. We encourage photographic promiscuity here. For more background on how Thematic works, just click here. Enjoy...and thanks!

12 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Looks nice and cold out there, which is where I like the cold - far from home. Here are mine for this theme.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Hey, C., I am somewhat back... here's mine:http://afreshstartwithkalei.blogspot.com/2012/05/tp-197-far-from-home.html

photowannabe said...

Memories from Kenya are part of my Far From home post.
http://allredmop.blogspot.com/

21 Wits said...

Nice theme Carmi, although looking at these photos from my old camera (and also used a throw-away camera) as well, I appreciate my newer camera all the more! Here's mine

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2012/05/thematic-photographic-197-far-from-home.html

Gilly said...

Long way from home here!

Lisa Shafer said...

Ah, I wish I could participate in this one! But I still don't have the ability now to ID my pics!
Carmi, I went to Kentucky (briefly) once, too, and it's pretty far from home for me as well.
I hope you do some China pics this week. :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I need to get far from home, or else use old pictures.

:P
~

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

This is not my vision, but it is far from home.

That grizzly bear has fine taste, right? Looks like a D4 (body only) can be had for around $5,000...
~

Alexia said...

My far-from-home picks for this theme.

Juniper said...

Hi Carmi, here is a photo taken Far from Home

J.

Bob Scotney said...

A very appropriate topic for me this week.

http://bobscotney.blogspot.com/2012/05/far-from-home-thematic-photography.html

Lisa Shafer said...

Better late than never!
Here's another one of my writers' games to go with your theme:
http://lisashafer.blogspot.com/2012/05/photo-mysteries-writers-game-20.html