Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Arches Not-Quite-National Park

Twisted by the elements
London, ON
March 2012
Click here to share your own vision around this week's Bushes and Trees theme


















Nature can be so random in some ways, yet so methodical in others. I have no idea how a bunch of unseen forces acted together over time to shape these branches in this way. I'm not entirely convinced we really need to know, anyway. Maybe it's enough to simply stand at the end of the path and admire the end result.

Your turn: What's your favorite tree? Why?

One more thing: I'm managing to hold my own here in Shanghai. Taking lots of pictures and trying to remember every last iota of this incredible place. Blog entries to come...just didn't want y'all to think I had dropped off the face of the earth (though I'm sure there are some who might applaud that...)

2 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

Enjoy your visit !
As for the trees , i don't know if i have any real favorites...i like our Maples of course , but over all i like all trees, they are so important for our ecology. I love your picture.

Lisa Shafer said...

We'll be anxious to hear about Shanghai.
As for your tree pic-- very nice shot. But I assure you that the real Arches National Park (in Utah) has nowhere near this many trees. :)