Friday, May 25, 2012

Strangers in a strange land

Resting
Shanghai, China
May 2012






















This scene struck me as particularly poignant. In a city where nothing ever seems to really stop, I saw example after example of people trying to carve out a slice of quiet for themselves wherever they could find it.

I think I could learn from them. I think we all could.

Your turn: Where do you find quiet in the middle of it all?

--
Please click here to share your own "far from home" vision in support of this week's Thematic.

3 comments:

21 Wits said...

I'm sure there's a term used by photographers, but in short, I've always been drawn to photos that tune in to one strong purpose, that stands out almost screaming, "look at me" while the background just fades away! This is purely that look!

fredamans said...

My home is my sanctuary. It's the one place on earth I find peace.... unless it rains then it's perfect for a walk. No one else around, and the world smells beautiful.

mmp said...

that's one lovely shot