Monday, May 07, 2012

Light, interrupted

Transient reflective illusion
Fort Lauderdale, FL
December 2011
















I thought we'd wrap up our week-long exploration of straight lines - click here if you've got something in mind - with something a bit different. Clearly, this is not a picture of straight lines. Thanks to a little water, a slightly breeze and some late afternoon southern sun, the reflected image you see here hardly qualifies as remotely straight or orderly.

But look up and the actual building you see reflected here is pretty much all straight, all the time. Which is a subtle reminder that things are not always as they seem, and sometimes we have to look through a few overlapping lenses to appreciate things not as they are, but as they could be.

Your turn: Who lives here? Why?

One more thing: Our new Thematic theme, bushes and trees, launches tonight at 7 p.m. Eastern. I won't be here, as I'll still be flying in a tube a few miles above the earth, but I hope you'll play along all the same. See ya from the other side...

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

That's a stunning photo!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I think I saw that thematic, "Bushes and Trees", on the way.

It fits most all of my blog, anyways, but I've got a new post in the works.

;-)