Monday, May 07, 2012

Talking Head(s)

I've fallen a bit behind on sharing some of my recent interviews. Granted, not everyone wants to see a goofy-face-challenged analyst-geek prattle on about the forces behind today's tech headlines - I'm looking at you, my esteemed 8th grade English teacher - but for those of you looking for a bit of a chuckle, here they are:

CTV News Channel
  • Ebook lawsuits - Apple's being sued by the U.S. Department of Justice over allegations of price fixing. And a class action lawsuit here in Canada. Bad Apple!. I spoke with Jacqueline Milczarek.
  • BlackBerry 10 and the future of RIM - The company held its big annual BlackBerry World event in Orlando - and gave attendees a glimpse into what comes next for the beleaguered company. Why does this matter? If this plan fails, so does the company. Amanda Blitz and Todd van der Heyden walked through it with me.
  • How Samsung is beating Apple - The iPhone may get the headlines, but Samsung has quietly emerged as the world's largest smartphone maker. Now, it's just-announced Galaxy S III is upping the ante in the superphone wars. Should Apple be worried? I discussed it with Jacqueline Milczarek and Dan Matheson.
CBC News Network
  • Google Drive Concerns - So Google released its long-awaited cloud-based storage service, then immediately ran into a storm of controversy over its terms of use that make it clear you no longer own your own data. Scary? I spoke about it with Carol McNeil.



No comments: