Monday, May 07, 2012

Thematic Photographic 195 - Bushes and Trees

Brushed by the hand of G-d
London, ON
March 2012



















This week's theme, Bushes and Trees, should be an easy one for a whole lot of reasons. On the surface, they're everywhere. So if you're looking for reasonably pretty subject matter, a bush or a tree - or both - shouldn't be too hard to find. They're also incredibly diverse, so you can shoot them six ways from Sunday and never come up with the same thing twice.

Besides, if you don't shoot them today, tomorrow you'll come back to find they've changed yet again. They grow, they add leaves, shed leaves, lose limbs, change in the light...I think it's going to be an interesting topic to explore, and I can't wait to see what y'all come up with.

Your turn: Thematic is our weekly photo sharing/learning/partying extravaganza. It isn't competitive and it isn't remotely stressful. Just shoot a picture that supports the theme, post it to your blog, then leave a comment letting everyone know where to find it. Already got something online? Share that, too! Want to share a bunch of stuff? Have at it! If you're new to this nuttiness and want a primer, just click here. Otherwise, have fun!

14 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Love the black & white. Mine have color, but here are some of my favorite bushes and trees. (Or at least they are at one of my favorite places.)

Kalei's Best Friend said...

hey, Carmi: here's mine.. a bit different- then again, u know me. :-)
http://afreshstartwithkalei.blogspot.com/2012/05/tp195-bushes-trees.html

Jim said...

Just moved from Connecticut to Colorado. Surprise, surprise - they have bushes and trees out here, too.

21 Wits said...

Isn't the techy world just amazing? Here you are flying over the North Pole on way to drink the best teas and have posts scheduled to keep us on our game ...lovely words with such an inspiring shot! Here's mine

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2012/05/thematic-photographic-195.html

Bob Scotney said...

A bit of a mixture that I hope you will like.

http://bit.ly/ISl4SH

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I love this topic, because I love bushes and trees.

Here's a couple of trees that people might not be so familiar with:

American Yellowwood and Tricolor Beech

(Along with assorted irises, geese, and ducks.)
~

CorvusCorax12 said...

I have soooo many :)
But then again i love trees
here are mine

Beverly said...

Hi, Carmi,
I have a post about trees.
www.beverlywhitcomb.blogspot.com.

Alexia said...

I really like the black and white shot. Here are a few bushes and some trees that I like.

mmp said...

Both here

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I love this topic so pardon me as I

Double dip.

Hibiscus and bamboo, and music.
~

Unknown said...

Trees growing, but still bushes, in my long exposure offering this week.

Gilly said...

Just sneaked in in time! Here are a couple.

mmp said...

linking dreadful
Try again. Both here
(apologies)