Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Publish Day - following your dreams

I got to do something really cool in my latest London Free Press column: I interviewed a former colleague who's building a musical career while still managing to work full-time - and balance a family life as well. Her pursuit has always struck a parallel chord in my mind, probably because words are a lot like music, and the folks who create both tend to share a deep-seated wish to get them out there where they can do some good.

The column is entitled Shelly Rastin living her musical dream. It's not often that a chat on a park bench with a friend leads to something that's not only publishable, but inspiring. Lucky me.

BTW, her web site can be found here. Further proof that following your bliss is a good thing to do.

No comments: