Saturday, December 23, 2006

Carmi + Television = 1 cool day

I headed out to CKCO, the CTV television network affiliate in Kitchener, earlier yesterday afternoon to do a live interview on Research In Motion. This is the company that makes the BlackBerry mobile device, and I've been researching the firm and the mobile space as part of my day job.

It aired on Report on Business Television (ROBTv) and the link to the video stream can be found here. Pat Bolland and Lisa Oake were the interviewers, and as always, it was an incredible experience.

Your turn: When a guy who takes pictures, blogs, and plays with his kids ends up ruminating on mobile messaging and application platforms on national television, wouldn't you say that's coolly surreal? Sometimes, I swear I lead the life of Brian.

10 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm going to take a look and liaten, but I wanted to say that picture is WONDERFUL, my dear Carmi...Beautiful, indeed...YES, I'd like to see more "abstracts"....
I'm here from Michele, my dear and BTW: If you have a chance come on over and take a look at my previous post...SUNSET Pictures...there are a couple that knocked me out! Would love for you to see them!

kenju said...

Carmi, you lead a charmed life - but if you don't start sleeping more - your charmed life will be like that of a zombie! I can't listen to your TV spot now; if I turn on the sound, I'll wake my grandchildren. I'll come back later, okay?

I love seeing reflections on a river at night. I grew up in a town with a river and I remember being out at night and looking at the reflections and loving every minute I was near the river.

sage said...

I don't know about surreal, but it was fun watching the intervew (you looked very comfortable in front of the cameras). It sounds as if you have a full life. I really love the picture above (that was surreal) of the Christmas lights reflection in the river. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I love the reflection on the water! Terrific photo. I just got a new digital camera...now I have to figure out how to mess around with shutter speed, etc.

And posting at 3:30AM?!?! You need your rest, man! LOL

kenju said...

Carmi, I left a comment here early this morning. I don't know what happened to it!

Anonymous said...

It's just cooly COOL! And I love the word "embiggen."

Anonymous said...

Certainly cool. Your kids probably say you're a cool dad.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

srp said...

Don't see a comments on your reflection post. First of all, yes, this is lovely, then I am partial to reflections in water. It did make me shiver a bit, or was that your description of the cold night.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A wonderful reflective picture. I was thinking whether 'embiggen' might get challenged at Scrabble.

Have a super Christmas. Michele sent me here.

Anonymous said...

Like Clark Kent and Super Man!