Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A bottled memory

Our two youngest munchkins take gymnastics at a club near the house. For an hour every Tuesday night, I get to watch them bounce, tumble, balance, flip, and run themselves ragged. It's a highlight not only of their week, but of mine as well, because there's nothing quite as rewarding as watching your kids be active and vital.

I'm sitting here right now, in fact, and as much as I'd like to share flash-frozen pictures of them in flight, the BlackBerry's camera is decidedly too dim-bulbed to do the fast action thing. So a still life of Dahlia's water bottle will have to do.

Yeah, it's as mundane as mundane gets. But someday I hope they look back at this gritty picture taken on a cold, wintry evening and remember it as happily as I will. Childhood memories, after all, shouldn't be forgotten.

4 comments:

Cloudia said...

Mundane? Yes, but


MAGICAL!


Aloha, Friend


Comfort Spiral

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Oftentimes it's in the mundane dailiness that we have wonderful memories. You may find this photo worth more than you thought. Or perhaps, Dahlia will.

sanjeet said...

has character but its not as shiny as that one. Great shot Carmi.


Work from home India

SJ said...

At first glance I thought that water bottle was super-sized (like a column or something).

I love watching my oldest at tae kwon do too. Unfortunately I'm afraid to bring the camera for fear of damage as I always have my newborn and toddler with me. My current trips are more about survival, but I still enjoy watching when all parties opt to cooperate. :)