Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy feet


A spring in his step
London, ON, August 2010


There must be an unwritten rule that dictates that children can get away with a lot more than adults when it comes to what they wear. As an example, I present our son's flip flops. Only the most self-confident adult - especially a guy - would wear something like this in public. Yet for our son, it's a perfect extension of his sunny personality. When he puts them on, he practically skips through the rest of his day. I don't know about you, but it's been a while since I saw an adult do anything remotely skippy-like.

I'm beginning to think these rules need a bit of a rewrite. Maybe we'd all be happier if we wore stuff like this. Maybe we'd skip a bit more.

Your turn: Would you wear these? Do tell!

One more thing: Thematic Photographic continues to explore this week's theme, kids. Head this way to share your own.

10 comments:

Tabor said...

I have reached old fartdom. Of course I would wear them. No one would notice and I would skip.

CorvusCorax12 said...

yes i would, i love funky flip flops

MB said...

I wish I could wear flip flops but having something between my toes freaks me out. I'll skip in my sandals ;)

Scarlet said...

Carmi,
I would totally wear those flip flops (or "thongs" in Australian - which I know has a different connotation for Americans and Canadians).

I think we all need to grow back down a little bit and remember that life is for simple pleasures, like wearing a pair of shoes that make you feel good, eating good food, or fooling around and laughing at silly things.

Us Big people could learn and awful lot from the Little ones in this world...
Life is too short to take things too seriously!
Y

srp said...

I wouldn't... but, my 24 year old daughter wore them all through college, even in winter! I do hope she is putting real shoes on her feet now that she has started her doctorate and has to teach undergrads.

Tracie Nall said...

Not only do I wear primarily flip flops, but I have several pairs with fun patterns on them similar to these (as does my daughter, and husband). They make me feel happy just putting them on!

MorahMommy said...

I would certainly wear them, as you know from my collection. I think our son has great style!

xoxo

Catherine said...

I wouldn't wear them, as I like to go for long walks and I don't have the knack of keeping them on my feet. But I wouldn't feel at all embarrassed to wear them, if I knew how to keep them on - so, give me something very similar, but with a heel strap, and I'd be delighted to wear them.
In the meantime, I'll declare my individuality by collecting funky socks :)

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

why yes, but then again i a not a guy

Pearl said...

yes, its good to bend or break some rules.

I saw a guy cycling and he was all muscular but his bike frame was little girl pink. good on him. let's throw out the color rules and roles and keep them for silly hour.