Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jammed up, redux


Breakfast is (almost) served
London, ON, April 2010
[Click photo to embiggen]

About this photo: We continue to explore the color orange as part of this week's Thematic Photographic theme. The fun starts here.
I'm cheating a bit by using a slightly different perspective from a shoot I already touched on here back in May. I'm like that, I guess: I often end up with more than one keeper from any given shooting session, and if I like what I see, I have a hard time choosing a favorite. So they all become my favorites.

And the photos from this morning have been among my faves since I first captured them. I love breakfast time, the way the house begins to come to life, the way the kitchen smells, the way the light plays on the table. I've never been a morning person - sleeping in would be my preferred thing, if life allowed it - but wandering into our sun-filled kitchen for breakfast is often enough to turn my sleepy frown upside-down.

On this particular morning, a new jar of peach jam almost begged for some backlit photography. So I pulled out the camera and had some fun with it before I tucked in to my toast and juice.

Your turn: Why does breakfast matter?

4 comments:

Marilyn & Jeff said...

I like this photo and I like how your mind works.

Andi said...

I don't have a photo...but I love seeing my yard after the sun has just come up. To me, sunrises are one of the best parts of getting up in time for breakfast.

Mojo said...

I've never been much for breakfast, but not being a morning person in general I guess that's no surprise. It does however offer up a wealth of photo ops. Like this one. Which is quite tasty.

LZ Blogger said...

Carmi ~ Great use of light on this shot! ~ jb///