Sunday, June 05, 2011

On physics, philosophy and life

For a physicist behind some of the most remarkable scientific discoveries of our time, Albert Einstein's philosophies were surprisingly evolved as well. I get the sense that he had it together in so many ways, as evidenced by this:
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."
Your turn: I think today's going to be a lovely day for some biking. And some hanging out with a woman who strangely wants to spend her life with me. And three folks who look, sound and walk like we do. How are YOU going to, as Albert suggests, keep moving?

6 comments:

rashbre said...

Yep your post immediately reminded me of "Gotta keep on movin', gotta keep on groovin'", as Jimi Hendrix once said.

21 Wits said...

I'll keep moving by catching up after being away...while also enjoying every beautiful lovely moment with those I love...and our glorious nature just waiting to be experienced. But Carmi, wouldn't it have been just the coolest thing to enjoy a cold glass of lemonade on the veranda with good old Albert and listen to his ideas, first hand?

Gallow said...

Heading to Ithaca for Ithaca Festival to enjoy a lot of Live Music, and capture the moments with photographs.

darlin said...

It sounds like you have wonderful plans to keep moving today, what a perfect way to spend a Sunday with the family! I'm going to keep moving by car, it's time to pack up and head back to the city... a wee bit more tired but grateful. I got a lot accomplished this weekend, and some wonderful shots in as well. Does life get any better?

Alexia said...

Such a great quote. Yesterday I spent some time preparing lessons for my Year 12 class(16-17yr olds) on the movie we are currently studying, The Shawshank Redemption. As Andy Dufresne says, "Get busy living, or get busy dying."

Have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

I'm going back to school for my MA...or on the days I'm feeling more sure of myself, my MFA.

That will keep me moving for quite a while. ;-)