Monday, June 13, 2011

Watching her watch me

Through her eyes
London, ON, May 2011
About this photo: It's "family" week this week here at Written Inc. And if you'd like to share your own family-themed Thematic entry, just head here.
I sometimes wonder if I'd be the person I am if my wife and I hadn't crossed paths. Probably not. She's the one who quietly - and sometimes not-so-quietly - lets me know that I need to keep wielding my pen, that I need to continue pursuing my passion to write, that I need to keep doing what I love, that it will ultimately pay off despite my worries that I should have stuck with a more conventional path.

But the thing is, I'm not conventional. And before I met her I often wondered if that was my Achilles Heel. She convinced me it's perfectly fine to follow a path of your own design. And if I want to get artsy with her sunglasses, she's perfectly fine with that, too.

Your turn: Do you annoy people with your lens? How?


Kalei's Best Friend said...

Carmi!, YOU definitely know we are molded not only by our experiences but who enters our lives... lol.. My ex-bf use to tell me how much I changed him... He would tell me how I had gotten him to open up and talk..Apparently the females he knew didn't talk- didn't voice a pt. of view, that is... The poor soul also had to be taught what clothes went together...omg, can u imagine a 50-something yr. old man mixing up long sleeved shirts w/shorts???

Dawn said...

Sounds like you are the perfect pair. Don't they say it takes a woman to make the man?;))))
Seriously....I think it's great she lets you see life through your lens- and hers!!!