Monday, June 13, 2011

Watching her watch me


Through her eyes
London, ON, May 2011
About this photo: It's "family" week this week here at Written Inc. And if you'd like to share your own family-themed Thematic entry, just head here.
I sometimes wonder if I'd be the person I am if my wife and I hadn't crossed paths. Probably not. She's the one who quietly - and sometimes not-so-quietly - lets me know that I need to keep wielding my pen, that I need to continue pursuing my passion to write, that I need to keep doing what I love, that it will ultimately pay off despite my worries that I should have stuck with a more conventional path.

But the thing is, I'm not conventional. And before I met her I often wondered if that was my Achilles Heel. She convinced me it's perfectly fine to follow a path of your own design. And if I want to get artsy with her sunglasses, she's perfectly fine with that, too.

Your turn: Do you annoy people with your lens? How?

2 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Carmi!, YOU definitely know we are molded not only by our experiences but who enters our lives... lol.. My ex-bf use to tell me how much I changed him... He would tell me how I had gotten him to open up and talk..Apparently the females he knew didn't talk- didn't voice a pt. of view, that is... The poor soul also had to be taught what clothes went together...omg, can u imagine a 50-something yr. old man mixing up long sleeved shirts w/shorts???

Dawn said...

Sounds like you are the perfect pair. Don't they say it takes a woman to make the man?;))))
Seriously....I think it's great she lets you see life through your lens- and hers!!!