Thursday, June 09, 2011

On (wishing for more) time

It's slowly becoming apparent to me that time is something we never seem to have enough of. I try to use whatever time I have in the most efficient way possible, but even then I'm getting to the end of each day wishing it could be just a little bit longer.


So tonight, as I sit beside the soccer field and watch our daughter play, I'm going to try to slow it down a bit, even if it's just in my mind, because she won't be playing soccer forever. And I, like everyone who reads this, only have a finite number of days to work with.


I thought these words from Mr. Norris might sum up the spirit of this entry:

"How you spend your time is more important than how you spend your money. Money mistakes can be corrected, but time is gone forever."

David Norris

Your turn: So how are you going to spend your time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you, I'll be sitting at a soccer field, watching my daughter play her game tonight.

It will be raining, and the haze from thousands of acres of wildland fires will blanket the field- but somehow, being there with her is all the fresh air I need.

These moments are so fleeting. It's good to stop, to take it all in and let it be what it is.

rashbre said...

I'm just agreeing with your post.