Monday, June 20, 2011

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system


Long commute
Toronto, ON, November 2010
[Click here to share your own sign-themed Thematic]

I always wonder when I see stuff like this if there's someone on the other end of the sign, sitting in some yellowing-fluorescent-lit control room, perhaps, watching for the desired result. Probably not.

I'm willing to bet that this thing had been showing "Test" since the dinosaurs last roamed the earth. I'm also willing to bet that the sign isn't connected to anything, that it came preprogrammed with this one word to fool the unwitting transit-taking public into believing that anyone really cared.

Or maybe it really was broken. I guess I'll never know.

Your turn: What are they testing for? Is the next train ever going to arrive?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I think it may be a test to see who has the most patience to wait for the next train;)