Thursday, August 30, 2012

iCloud

Curtain made of glass
London, ON
August 2012
Please click here for more Thematic parallelism



























I did something neat one afternoon last week. I had a meeting downtown, and I deliberately parked a few extra blocks away because I wanted to get a little bit of walking in. Silly strategy for someone whose life revolves around sitting in an office chair and pecking keys all day, but it is what it is.

It was a lovely day, and in my backpack I had all the doodads required for a meeting. Including my iPad.

Now, I'm far from being an Apple fanboy, but I'd be lying if I said the photographer in me didn't squeal a bit with glee when I bought it. See, this thing has a pretty decent camera. Sure, it doesn't hold a candle to my DSLR. But when I'm working and this is all I've got because stuffing a full-blown Nikon into a small bag would make me look like an idiot, an iPad is a nice compromise. It's only a 5MP sensor, but the dynamic range is remarkable, and the control over exposure and focus is wondrously fluid. In short, it's a joy to take pictures with this thing.

Which is exactly what I did as I wandered back up Richmond Row. Oh, I'm sure I got some stares - composing with a 9.7-inch screen is pretty goofy-looking - but my, was I pleased with what I brought back. Looks like the iPad will be coming with me wherever I go.

Your turn: Have you ever shot with a tablet? What was the experience like? Does composing on a ginormous screen seem silly to you?

5 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I don't even have a tablet! lol.. As far as editing on a large screen there is a plus (of course).. More detail you can see or edit to what you want... there's a plus to everything.

CorvusCorax12 said...

i have Sony Tablet, but never took any picture with it ...love your Photo

darlin said...

Wow! Stunning shot and with an iPad you say... hmmm interesting! I've contemplated getting one of these toys, but decided against it, I just may have to rethink this. I know for traveling it sure would be sweet, but I was thinking more along the lines of the second generation of untralight laptops.

Thanks for this post Carmi, now I've a bit more reflecting to do... no pun intended! lol Have a wonderful weekend!

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

i don't have a tablet...but that's an awesome shot!! wOw!!

cactus petunia said...

What a beautiful shot! It's amazing what we see when we take a few extra minutes in a busy day...now you've inspired me to carry my iPad with me!