Monday, November 26, 2012

Another brick in the wall

Vanishing point
London, ON
February 2012

















I thought I'd sneak in one last-minute rectangular-themed photo (it's not too late: click here to share yours*) because I rather enjoy how photography can play with the concept of shapes. And with our minds, too.

Depending on how you choose to view this shot, there either is or is not a single rectangle here. Sure, the bricks themselves are rectangular on their respective, real life surfaces. But the angled perspective means there isn't a single rectangle on the two-dimensional photographic plane you see here.

So which one is it? It doesn't really matter: merely churning the possibility is fun enough for me. And I hope for you, too.

Your turn: Does photography make you look at the world differently? How?

* Our new theme, fly, launches in a short while - at precisely 7:00 p.m. Eastern. Got anything in mind?

No comments: