Thursday, November 29, 2012

It's a honey of an o

Frozen in flight
Laval, QC
August 2012



















Note: This photo supports our latest Thematic theme, fly. To share your own, please follow this link home.
I'm a big fan of honey. There's something so peaceful about mixing it into my tea on a cold winter's morning. It isn't like dumping in a bit of sugar. You've got to deliberately squeeze it out, or use a spoon, and as a result the experience becomes a lot more tactile and thoughtful than the alternative. Yup, I'm odd that way.

The container itself also seems to play a role here. I have soft-shaded memories from childhood of the hive-shaped bottle sitting on the kitchen table. To me, honey always came in a hive-shaped bottle, and anything that used a regular old container just wasn't the same.

My mother-in-law has this lovely honey container that every time I see it takes me instantly back to that kitchen table from so long ago. Sure wouldn't want to be that poor bee, though. Talk about eternal frustration.

Your turn: What's the bee thinking?

2 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

I like it !

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

That bee is thinking, "I've got to get beesy!", of course!

;-)