Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 1 at Microsoft

Thought I'd mark the moment when I set off into the pre-dawn fog on the first step of what promises to be quite the adventure. Today's my first day working at Microsoft, where I'm going to be - wait, am - a PR Manager. (More background here.)

What does it mean? I'll let you know once I get there and immerse myself in a company I've studied, admired, written and spoken about for as long as I can remember. I'm honored to have the opportunity, and intend to grab it as tightly as I can and do everything in my power to turn it into something remarkable.

In the meantime, I'm overwhelmed with your messages and good wishes, and can't thank you enough for helping me along on what's become a pretty incredible journey. From the looks of it, it's about to become a lot more interesting.

Onward...

22 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

Enjoy :)

Unknown said...

Good luck Carmi and GO BIG

Lisa Shafer said...

All the best. You deserve it. :)

tiff said...

The earth just shifted a little, I'm sure of it. Such a change!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

THEY have chosen well!. Dude, u will do fine!. You're a humble man- you haven't been jaded like so many PR people can/have become..and in a few years I doubt very much that you will be...

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Don't worry, Carmi, you'll be calling it "The Borg", soon enough!

;-)

Tabor said...

Wow already doing the PR...you will certainly be a success.

Glennis said...

Wow! Have a great first day!

21 Wits said...

Wow, just catching up with everyone after spending time in Duluth- and what an amazing adventure you are stepping into. May the good times continue to roll and I wish you much success! Go Carmi!

fredamans said...

Congrats Carmi!!

Keep in mind that I am a PR friendly Lifestyle blogger. ;-)

Mark said...

Knock it out of the park, Carmi.

rashbre said...

Best wishes for the new role.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

We're excited for you!

Dionna said...

I hope its a job that fulfills you. That you feel valued and excited over what you do each day. :)

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job, Carmi. :D

Jess Brady said...

Hope you had a blast on your first day, Carmi! Best of luck with the new gig :)

dean said...

Well, congratulations. You'll have a lot on your plate for the next while, that's for sure. :)

Kavi said...

Congratulations ! I am sure there are new gates and windows that open in your mind as you negotiate an interesting surface ! ;)

Congratulations again

JC said...

Awesome, you'll do great. Best wishes!

Gilly said...

Very best wishes! Sounds frightening to me, but you can do it! I know you can!

DougPhoto2009 said...

Congratulations. The write person for the write job.

me said...

I'm late to the party as usual. I hope you are having fun. As I have so often said to my boss "spin it baby!"