Friday, November 16, 2012

Window on a crumbling landscape

Art still lives here
London, ON
March 2012
Thematic. Windows. Here.




















Flat out, I love this scene. Every time I see it, I'm snapped right back to that cold late winter Sunday afternoon when I took it.

This place is as desolate as it seems, a facade of crumbling, overgrown brick in the back of a forgotten alleyway in a part of downtown that most people simply avoid. Yet here in the middle of pretty much nowhere, I stumbled across a flash of artistic loveliness that suggested once upon a time someone cared enough to try to make a difference.

I wish I could have gone back in time, as I would have said thank you to whoever painted this for proving me wrong. See, when I set out on my walk I figured I'd never find inspiration in the crumbling ruins of a down-on-its-luck part of town. This scene proved otherwise.

Your turn: Ever been pleasantly surprised by beauty in a place where you'd think it wouldn't otherwise exist?

8 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The vines over those colors and the old walls are stunning, Carmi.
~

CorvusCorax12 said...

I love it too.

NP said...

Beautiful discovery :-)

Alexia said...

Now that is stunning. So beautiful.

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

wow! i love that!! beautiful.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

stunning

Kelsea said...

This picture is so beautiful. What a reminder that there can be beauty in the most unlikely places.

Marsha said...

I love this composition. Its beautiful. Blends well with vines and leaves ❤