Tuesday, November 20, 2012

On doing what you love

“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.”
Rumi
I'm delightfully overwhelmed by the torrent of happies that ensued after I announced this, and I can't thank you enough for your comments here, on Facebook and on Twitter. I was so focused on work throughout the day that I didn't have a whole lot of time to read much of anything until this morning, but please know how deeply touched I am that so many folks took the time to write. You made a great day that much greater.

Day 2 at Microsoft picked up where day 1 left off - with tons of smart, dedicated people doing what smart, dedicated people always do - and it's clear I've found an amazing place to call my professional home. I'm still pinching myself, but at least now I'm off and running and immersing myself in a pretty remarkable work environment.

Thematic will resume tonight. My apologies for not getting it online last night. I got home later in the evening and subsequently ended up falling asleep somewhat unexpectedly. Or maybe it was expectedly. Long, eventful days will do that, I guess.

Your turn: What do you love to do?

2 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

I'm very happy for you, to do something you love is the best

kenju said...

Being able to make a living at what you love doing is undoubtedly one of the best things in life!! I am fortunate enough to say that I do that and I think you do too. Congratulations, Carmi!!