Sunday, December 16, 2012

On little things that aren't

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault
Not that I'd ever want to contradict or otherwise betray Mr. Brault's beautifully eloquent reflection, but I'd like to suggest it isn't a "may" proposition, but a "will" one.

I'll venture that little things are big things, and it saddens me to think so many of us miss that subtle point in our own day-to-day lives. Time to change that reality a bit.

Your turn: Today. One little thing. What was it?

3 comments:

larkswing said...

Sitting on the back step with my youngest (16) chatting for a few minutes followed by my oldest sitting with us at the Christmas Candlighting service (19). Time two teenagers set aside and were next to me.

dean said...

Well, today being yesterday, because you posted yesterday...

Sunday morning. I make a cappuccino and a latte, the cappuccino for me and the latte for Chris, who is still asleep.

I bring them to our room, where I set hers down on her bedside table and then get in on my side. She wakes gently, and we drink coffee and snuggle. It's probably going to be the only couple time we'll get until the end of the day.

Somewhere round about said...

my own little thing was watching children play with puppets, propped up against fluffy cuchions.... while at the other end of the hall a small orchestra was playing

:)

then i blinked
and
both the puppets, children and archestra had stopped.....