Monday, February 04, 2013

Thematic Photographic 233 - Straight lines

Made of straw
London, ON

February 2012
Our new Thematic theme is an easy one because I need to keep things easy for the next week or so. I've been away from home quite a bit lately - really neat work stuff...more on that later - so I need to keep things simple here to avoid overwhelming myself.

Here's the deal: straight lines

It hit me while I was walking to work in Toronto one morning last week. The streetscape was composed almost entirely of straight lines - buildings, roads and other infrastructure - and despite the complete lack of anything natural, it seemed so strike one of my nerves just so. Out came the phone and I started shooting.

The launch photo for this new theme is obviously anything but urban, but I thought it would be a neat way to kick things off. Nature can throw anything at us - curves as well as straight lines - and it's up to us to look up and take notice. Over the next week, I hope you'll take notice wherever you are, and I hope you'll share what you see.

Your turn: The deal is simple. Just take a pic with straight lines in it - or one that merely suggests the concept - and post it to your blog or website. Leave a comment here letting folks know where to find it, then pop over to other participants to share the joy*. Feel free to repeat as often as you wish through the week (there's no such thing as being late when it comes to Thematic, as anytime is a good time to share.) If you'd like to learn more about Thematic, just click here.

* My bad: I've slacked on this last bit lately. Life's getting in the way...will catch up soon.

12 comments:

Mike Wood said...

Straight lines can be angles too, right?
http://goo.gl/g0bbO

(even posted it today - but shot in July at Port Colborne, ON)

Don't burn out Carmi, pace yourself. :)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I have straight lines, with d.a.w.g.
~

fredamans said...

I see many straight lines, going many ways.

http://fredamans.blogspot.ca/2013/02/straight-lines.html

Pat Tillett said...

Sometimes blogging and commenting has to take a back seat to other things. It just shows your priorities are in order. I may have to start participating in this thing...
Nice pic Carmi!

Gilly said...

An emeergency prevented me taking part last week, but I am in earlier this week at http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

dean said...

I thought that I would have many many that would fit this theme, but it turned out that I had fewer than I thought. I found one, though.

Bob Scotney said...

Keeping on the straight and narrow.
http://bit.ly/XTyFuy

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

Here is my contribution this week. I am enjoying participating in this project! Thanks Carmi

http://hiverenfloride.blogspot.com/2013/02/photographie-thematique-233-les-lignes.html

Alexia said...

"Overwhelming myself" - that's exactly how I've been feeling for about the last 3 months!!

Here are some mostly straight lines from today's day off.

Unknown said...

I have some straight lines that suggest a curve. Just for fun.

21 Wits said...

I think I feel the soft gentle breeze flowing here! Nice capture! Here's mine

http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2013/02/thematic-photographic-these-lines-that.html

dean said...

For some reason I have fewer photos involving straight lines than I would have thought... but I dug around a bit this morning (I woke early after an odd dream involving a polar bear, an owl, a hawk, and a cave) and found this one, which I quite like.