Saturday, June 01, 2024

Always be a ham

Carnivore vs. herbivore
London, ON
January 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I’ve never eaten ham. But something about the way it looks has always captivated me.

I know, weird.

Still, you don’t have to be a foodie to appreciate the aesthetics of a particular dish or ingredient. And I had it at the back of my mind for years that someday I would take a bizarro photo of ham.

An opportunity presented itself a few months back during a routine grocery run with my wife. We do them together because, well, time is short and even something as seemingly everyday as pushing a cart can be just as special as candles and wine.

So when she stopped at the deli counter, I occupied myself with the display case - and I was particularly enamoured by all the exotic-looking stuff I’d never eat. Thankfully the attendant was quite understanding.

Making the ordinary seem somewhat less so. It’s a thing, apparently.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #grocery #store #farmboy #shopping #retail #random #glass #perspective #ham #deli #meat #onelittlepiggy #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photography

Related:
Deli meat under glass, January 2024
Octopus on ice, May 2021
Forbidden pizza, October 2019

No comments: