Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Green grass saves the day

Keep reaching
London, ON
June 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The scene: I’m walking along a path through the woods looking for inspiration amid the fading late evening light.

There isn’t much to be had. The light is lousy, and I’m just not feeling it.

As I accept the fact that tonight’s walkabout is a washout, I come around a curve and find myself looking at this stand of grass swishing gently in the almost imperceptible breeze.

I stand there for a bit and allow myself to absorb the cathartic sounds and myriad textures and tones of green.

Before I go, I take one fast photo as a reminder that we can still see even in the creeping darkness, and redemption often presents itself just when we’re ready to give up.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #thames #river #tvp #springbank #green #grass #texture #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photography

Related:
Leave the grass alone, January 2024
Bent but not broken, October 2023

No comments: