It gets tiring after a while that this kind of thing is our new normal. My first gut reaction: Enough.
So, here's the deal: I propose we use social media to find the morons responsible and bring them to the attention of the cops. I'll use this entry as a central data store for tips and related date points.
I'm tweeting here, and my Facebook page is here.
Your turn: Know anyone - or anything about - last night's riot? Have a piece of information to share that could lead to forcing those responsible to face the music? Leave whatever you've got in a comment.
- Full CTV coverage
- CTV.ca piece
- LFP article
- AM980 News coverage (includes video)
- Globe & Mail/CP article
- @lpsmediaoffice - Twitter feed to share info/tips with London Police
- Facebook page: Fleming Riots St Pat's Day 2012 - join this group and share whatever you've got
- Photo of rioters (know anyone here? Got any more pictures? Add info/links in a comment below)
- Extended video of rioters (courtesy CTV)
- My Twitter Favorites - I'll update this through the day with additional updated resources.
Some video of the news truck burning... should be able to identify a few people...
Screen capture of young man who claims he was part of riot on facebook.
Riots have been around since the beginning of time... Its behavior seems to get recognized and seems to wake up whoever its intended for... I agree social media should play a part in whoever has instigated the riot. As we get older, I think our tollerance for this behavior does 'get old' w/us... Kinda reminds me of when a kid has a tantrum but on a bigger level..
Every Fanshawe student registered as living on Fleming Dr. needs to be suspended. Maybe then they will understand the consequences of "just watching" when a police order to "return to your home, this is an unlawful assembly" is disobeyed. That is just as true for the so-called "Intern for the METRO NEWS" and all the others seen in the videos of the event. He was NOT a "reporter" he was a participant in an "unlawful assembly" METRO NEWS, do not reward this immature intern for his criminal behaviour. This city is sick of these immature brats.
Post a Comment