Monday, April 29, 2013

Sky on fire

Twin towers
Laval, QC
July 2011
Click photo to embiggen
I wanted to end this week's Thematic exploration of the pairs theme (click here for a last-minute submission) with a bit of a twist.

Look closely at the bottom of the shot and you'll see two high-tension hydro towers. They're in every sunset shot that I take from my father-in-law's balcony, and normally I curse them for ruining the scene.

This time, however, they somehow fit the shot, giving the sky a sense of perspective and scale it otherwise wouldn't have. I guess I'll have to head back to his balcony soon for some more sunset photography - towers included.

Your turn: When a "ruined" moment ended up being anything but. Please discuss.

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Orbs!

They're a funny result of taking pictures when it's snowing or raining at night, and you use the flash.

But I like 'em.
~