Thursday, July 18, 2019

Man without a face

The things we see behind the glass
London, ON
July 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
With everyone justifiably freaking out about the #FaceApp app, this photo that I took in a local mall over the weekend seems to take on renewed significance.

First, everyone knows I take weird pics. And I take them at the weirdest times. Like when I’m out with my fam running errands and shopping and doing the usual things folks like us do.

Often, I’ll just see something. Doesn’t matter what.

And I can’t explain why that particular something stops me in my tracks. It just does. So I do. Anytime. Anywhere.

No wonder they’re so exasperated with me.

Second, what I’ll look like 20, 40 or more years from now is something I’ll learn 20 or 40 years from now, if I’m lucky to get that far. We’re always in such a rush to get “there”, wherever “there” happens to be - another thing I can’t explain. I, on the other hand, would rather not push the timeline any more than it’s already being pushed.

Third, I don’t see the appeal of doing the same thing that everyone else is doing, for the simple reason that everyone else is doing it. So much conformity. Not my thing.

Wandering the marble-and-glass corridors of a mall looking for weirdness to capture? That’s my jam. How old is this mannequin? Does it even matter?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #random #shopping #mall #masonville #public #photography #retail #retailtherapy #retaildesign #retaillife #stilllife #glass #display #design #mannequin #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #google #pixel2 #teampixel #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: