Thursday, March 19, 2020

Always eat the cookie

It didn't last long
London, ON
March 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I ate a vanilla Oreo yesterday.

Wait, that's not technically correct. I ate a number of vanilla Oreos today. Four, to be precise. I polished off the package, then recycled it.

I'm not especially proud that this was my dietary choice, but I'm also not going to beat myself up over it.

Because sometimes you just have to eat the cookie.

Because sometimes you just have to eat four of them.

Because sometimes we just have to seek out tiny moments of sweetness amid larger moments of uncertainty.

To you, it may be a cookie, or it may be something else entirely. In fact, the what hardly matters.

Whatever it is, don't miss the opportunity to steal that moment, to make it your very own, to hold onto something that makes you happy, even if it's for only the briefest sliver of time.

The skies are still dark here as I stare at the ceiling and wonder what the day to come will bring. And already I'm comforted by the fact that one of these slivers of time awaits.

I just have to look for it.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #oreo #cookie #sweet #snack #junkfood #stilllife #home #office #covid19 #coronavirus #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

Normally I delete obvious spam like the one left by the previous commenter (or is it a bot? Hard to tell sometimes.) I'm going to leave it this time because, well, it's another sign of the times we live in.