Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Toyota Tao of Pooh

Comfort in a parking lot far from home
Laval, QC
August 2016
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I'm not a bumper sticker person, so I don't understand why anyone would muck up the paint on their car so they can serve up free advertising for multi-billion-dollar global conglomerates.

But on occasion, I'll come across a vehicle that makes me smile. And given my weakness for all things Winnie the Pooh, it was destiny that I'd eventually cross paths with this particular Toyota Yaris.

Whoever owned the car must have been a hardcore A. A. Milne fan, because a stuffed Pooh was sitting proudly in the middle of the back seat. Mad respect.

I share it now because it brought happiness to me when I first saw it on a warm afternoon just north of Montreal 3-and-a-half years ago. And it brings me happiness now that the world feels a lot colder.

Indeed, it may yet be a figuratively blustery day in the 100 Acre Wood, but as long as you're surrounded - really, virtually, or some combination thereof - by those who bring you joy, you'll have everything you need to get through the storm.

Thanks Pooh. And thanks to the stranger who made this moment happen.

#chomedey #laval #montreal #quebec #canada #throwback #winniethepooh #red #toyota #yaris #random #street #photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #blackberry #passport #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: