Saturday, December 11, 2021

Tree? Lightning?

Branched
London, ON
November 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Mother Nature has a funny way of stopping us in our tracks, doesn't she?

I don't know how many times I've spun my two-wheeler past this very tree. It sits beside a major bike path, not far from the river, and has probably played a quiet background role in millions of tiny moments for countless people since it was first planted long before any of us was alive.

Yet on this Saturday afternoon, I'm on foot. You see things when you walk that you'd otherwise miss. The ordinary suddenly becomes extraordinary. This branch, long hidden by leaves and the combined pressures of schedule and speed, paints a picture I simply can't afford to pass up.

So I explore it through glass. Slowly. Deliberately. Its chaos on stark display for the first time. To me, anyway.

This tree, so beloved yet so often overlooked, won't be a quiet, ignored background player today.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #gibbons #park #tvp #thames #river #walkabout #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #canon #canon_photography #canonphotography #photooftheday #instagood #photooftheday #picoftheday #pictureoftheday #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: