Thursday, December 29, 2005

Kids' candy - leaded or unleaded?

News just in from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it will be tightening the amount of lead allowed in children's candy.

[Carmi pauses to shake his head and bemusedly mutter a three-word obscenity starting with "what the..." There, I'm over it. I'll continue.]

I simply want to know who allowed lead in kids' candy in the first place? What other noxious stuff is going into their - and our - food?

Please let me know if I'm the only one who finds this somewhat - OK, extremely - disturbing.

4 comments:

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Completely disturbing. Maybe that's what's triggering the rise in kids with learning disabilities. Good god, what is this world coming to?

Sandy said...

You know, I'm not even going to ask. I'm just going to shake my head and use this as an excuse to resist the sweet tooth.

Chris said...

I shared your WTF? reaction. Then I noticed the article says sugar itself contains lead, which caused another WTF? moment. I thought sugar was good old C6-H12-O6 - no room for lead in that formula.

Are there no safe vices anymore?

Krista said...

EXTREMELY disturbing indeed!
What is this??? Its not GASOLINE for crying out loud! Sometimes the world dumbfounds me.