The sun sets over London
London, ON, June 2008 [Click to embiggen]
I've been poking my lens skyward for as long as I've owned a camera. The sky offers one of the most varied and challenging landscapes for a photographer. Between constantly shifting light, a ball of gas that can burn your sensor to oblivion and the occasional bout of rain or, gasp, snow, the sky is hardly an easy subject to work with. But when you come home with magic moments like this, you realize it's worth the extra effort.
Your turn: What do you see when you look up? Here's how Thematic Photographic works, and I hope you'll play along this week:
- I post a new entry every Wednesday evening.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...sky!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- Repeat process as often as you wish. Send this link to friends, too...the more, the merrier.