Let there be light...
London, ON, July 2008 [Click to embiggen]
Photography is the art of capturing, channelling, manipulating and mastering light. So I thought I'd reflect this reality with this week's theme.
I captured this image this past weekend at the birthday party of one of our son's friends. While waiting for the room full of 7- and 8-year-olds to get their cake, I positioned myself near this rather fascinating fixture and went to town. I'm sorry I didn't also capture the looks of the other parents and family members who, unfamiliar with my little optical addiction, wondered why the apparently insane man in the Hawaiian shirt was taking pictures of lights.
Your turn: I'm hoping you'll join the growing Thematic Photographic bandwagon. Here's how it works...
- I post a new entry every Wednesday evening.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...light!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- Feel free to play along as often as you like.
- Please share this link with friends, too.. Let's get this photo sharing party started!