Monday, August 25, 2008

Another look at Enzo's creation


Not-so-simple details...
Laval, QC, August 2008 [Click to embiggen]
About this photo: We're continuing our weekly Thematic Photographic theme, colorful. Click here if you'd like to jump on the TP bandwagon and share your own colorful photo or link. Click here for the latest Caption This entry.
The Ferrari Testarossa is about as full-blooded a sports car as you'll ever see. You don't even have to be a gearhead to realize it's special - it has a presence that makes even this dimly-lit concrete parking garage come alive in its presence.

I first shared images of this car last year (here) and was pleased that it was still there when we returned. The kids were chomping at the bit to get outside and play, so I crouched down and did the best I could in the barely-adequate light.

Your turn: I find simple, basic color to be the most memorable. Why is that?

7 comments:

Mojo said...

Oh now it's just mean to tease us that way. But it's a great shot. I think the basic bold color is Ferrari's way of saying "this ain't your mama's sports car". It suggests that there's nothing going into this machine that ain't fer gittin' up the road as fast as possible. No nantsy fruit flavored paint for this car, no sir!

You know for what you'd pay for a TR, you could buy his and hers Lotus Elises. And maybe one for the kids too. I haven't looked up the MSRP of a TR lately, but if memory serves it's well into six figures. The Elise, you can get for under USD $50,000 even with the leather package.

If you have $50k to spend on a car that is...

Now if I could just get close enough to a '66 or '67 Ford GT40... That would really be something!

Robert said...

Oh I LOVE this composition. The curves and the color make quite the statement. I clicked the link of your first shot of this. That was nice but this one really grabbed me.

I have to thank you for your thoughtful comments on my blog yesterday. Very kind words. I poke around here from time to time and have occasionally left you comments. I'll be around. :)

kenju said...

This is a great shot, Carmi. I don't know how basic I'd call that color, but it IS memorable. That chrome yellow is the color most hunters wear to be seen in the woods by other hunters. One of my neighbors has a Ferrari that color.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Ax always Carmi, an interesting photo! These are very very expensive cars, yes? The prices of cars is beyond my understanding now...lol! But to have some pictures of them...Well, that costs only your time and your talent!
BEAUTIFUL Color, too!

If you have a moment Carmi, there are some pictures on my Blog I think you might really enjoy...!

Suburbia said...

That's a fantastic photograph. Iconic even.

Chad Oneil Myers said...

I love it, man.

...simpler things are easier to remember than elaborate things...

Z said...

my stepdaughter's quite a good amateur photog and one of her best is a close up in an Australian butterfly reserve....BRIGHT yellow Izon shirt on some guy, red background, and a bright blue butterfly against the yellow.
unbelieavable..nothing more necessary, that's for SURE.