Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Easy chair. Not-so-easy life.


Sitting by the dock of the...bike path?
Laval, QC, August 2008

I can think of a hundred different ways this chair came to be abandoned beside a bike path in the shadows of high-tension towers on a desolate stretch of road beside a major highway. I suppose you can, too.

Your turn: So? How did this chair get here? Feel free to let your imagination roam on this one.

About this photo: Taken at about 60 km/h as my father-in-law drove. He asked if I wanted him to slow down: I declined, figuring no picture was worth getting rear-ended. Still, 1/320th of a second was all it took. This photo continues this week's "poignant" Thematic Photographic theme. We wrap things up tomorrow before posting a new theme. It's not too late to share your own poignant view of the world. Just go here to get started. Caption This addicts - you know who you are - can click here, too. Or do both!

7 comments:

Gabriel said...

I see things like these all the time, but -the mind of a professional photographer- I had never thought about taking a picture of them!

Now I have to think to see if I can remember where it was that I saw a big comfy couch in the middle of nowhere, just by a country road...

Happy WW!

My WW post...

Beverly said...

He (it) looks so alone. At a women's conference I attended once, a lady was speaking, and she told about driving along the freeway in California with her best friend. Driving along, they saw a sofa that had been left on the side of the road.

They looked at each other, pulled over, got out and continued their conversation. Sounds unlikely I know, but knowing these two ladies, it's plausible.

Thanks for your visit. Anticipating a storm always gives me a knot in my stomach. I'm always so glad when it has passed.

i'll get back with your program of photos soon...I hope.

Wendy said...

Looks like it fell from a moving truck. But no - moving day in Quebec is July 1st. Everybody moves July 1st. Nobody moves in August. So that's out. Besides, why would a moving truck be on a bike path? Unless somebody was using their bike to move? They couldn't afford a truck, so had to move all their stuff by bicycle. And since moving by bicycle takes so long - they did start their move on July 1st and are still at it. Ha! Mystery solved!

Sleepypete said...

The chair in the garden/yard behind mine is still there ...

It's been there so long it's been adopted by one of the local cats as his sun bed :-)

Lori said...

Maybe someone put it there as a point to relax along the path. I have to say, I rather like it there! And not a bad looking chair at that!

Her Roo-ness said...

clearly, the chair's dad was driving and had to pull this car over....

Anonymous said...

But it's such a nice chair. Fell out of the back of a truck?