London, ON, April 2008 [Click to enlarge]
I like knowing what I'm getting into before I step out of the house in the morning. I'm not a huge fan of surprises. When I settle on foods, songs and experiences that, respectively, taste, sound and feel good to me, I tend to stick with them. Sure, I push my limits on occasion - usually when my wife encourages me to try something new. But I derive comfort from things that feel as natural as an old pair of sandals. So more often than not, I'll order without needing to look at the menu.
Which brings us to this week's Thematic Photographic theme. You guessed it: we're doing patterns this week. (Pause for a little cheer.) There always seems to be a story in the pattern. And it invites the eye in for a closer, lingering look. As you can see from the photo above, patterns often happen in the most ordinary places.
Your turn: Do you have a pattern-themed photo to share? Here's how Thematic Photographic works:
- Every Wednesday evening, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...patterns!
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry.
- You may post one per day, many per day, one each day of the entire week, whatever suits your fancy. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too. I want this thing to being photographic happiness to lots of people - and I need your help.